At Papaya FM, we set the goal to create a safe, entertaining, and delightful place for everyone to produce your audiobooks/podcasts and discover the content you are interested in.
In order to create an inclusive and respectful space, we want to ensure our users know what type of content they will discover as well as content they can or cannot upload!
Before you take off on your recording journey, please take a peek at the following:
- It’s important to respect and protect fellow users’ feelings, property, and personal information.
- You shouldn’t record and upload anything you might regret in the future or that your peers, family, or teachers might not want to see online.
- If you come across any content that violates our regulations, let us know by reporting it. See here for How to Report the Audiobook (Chapter), Comment, or User.
To learn more about Copyright, please see Copyright FAQ with frequent questions raised by our users about copyright.
- Mature stories are intended for an audience that is 17 and up. Currently, mature content on Papaya FM is forbidden. A recording may be considered Mature if it contains any of the following:
- Explicit sex scenes
- Self-harm themes or scenes (including suicide and eating disorders)
- Graphic depictions of violence; including but not limited to: sexual, verbal, emotional and physical abuse.
The following guidelines list content that is NOT allowed on Papaya FM. This is not an exhaustive list, and we reserve the right to remove any content that we deem inappropriate.
Sexual content on Papaya FM
1.What does Papaya FM classify as sexual content?
Papaya FM considers sexual content to involve sexual intercourse and other sexual acts, including, but not limited to, oral sex or self-gratification.
2. The following sexual content is NOT allowed on Papaya FM, and will be removed:
- Pornographic Content – Papaya FM considers content to be pornographic when it exists solely for the purpose of sexual stimulation.
- Non-Consensual Sexual Content – Papaya FM classifies non-consensual sexual acts to include rape, sexual assault, kidnapping for sexual purposes, or sexual slavery. The content cannot be encouraging or promoting of non-consensual sex acts.
- Sexual Roleplay or Messaging – Papaya FM does not permit sexual messages or solicitation. This includes uploading content which encourages sexual private messages, on or off Papaya FM, or posting rules for public or private roleplay that are intended for sexual purposes.
- Illegal Sex Acts – Any content which encourages illegal sex acts including, but not limited to, bestiality or necrophilia, will be removed.
Media on Papaya FM
Media on Papaya FM includes images, text, and sound clips. To help keep Papaya FM a safe space for everyone to create and discover content, we may remove images or texts that don’t follow our Terms of Service. The following Media is not allowed on Papaya FM, and is subject to removal:
- Media containing full exposure of any private parts, such as genitalia, breasts, and buttocks.
- Media displaying sexual intercourse, or any other sexual act, regardless of whether private parts are visible.
- Media displaying self-harm or suicide.
- Images or texts of people posted without their consent, except for public figures and celebrities.
- Any other media which captures an illegal act.
Papaya FM has the right to remove any media deemed unfit for Papaya FM. If you find any of your uploaded audiobook or recording cannot be shared with others, or you cannot find it at the Search page, it means that the image, text, or recording that you upload appears to violate one term of our Terms of Service and is no longer publicly accessible by your followers or other users on Papaya FM. And we will send you a push about the violation as well. You may find this notification at your Messages.
Talking about Others:
Sharing opinions on recordings and the quality or style of writing is encouraged. We aim to create a safe and delightful community for everyone on Papaya FM, so be kind, respectful, and please treat others as you would want to be treated, so don’t post any content that:
- Bashes a user purely for personal reasons
- Reveals any personally identifying information about other people, including private messages or photographs.
- Due to the fictional nature of stories and the chances of real names being used coincidentally, we are unable to remove a work for having the same or similar name to a real person. Only if there is additional identifying information, such as the city you reside or your work/school, is there a violation of our content guidelines.
- Actively promotes violence or hatred. The promotion of hatred on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, content that is intended to bully, threaten, or harass others, is also strictly prohibited.
General expressions of opinions are allowed, but they cannot be violent in nature or encourage others to attack Papaya FM community members.
Self-Harm on Papaya FM:
If you are struggling with eating disorders, addiction, self-harm, thoughts of suicide, or other challenges, we want you to know that you are supported. And please write to our Support Team at any time and share your feeling with us.
Keep in mind that listening to any self-harm and suicide story can be upsetting or triggering. That’s why we want to remind you that:
- Content that encourages or gives instruction on self-harm will be removed.
- Content that contains lots of description might be considered Mature, and stories that glorify or do not “tell a story” might be removed.
- “Telling a story” means the work must have a plot unrelated to the self-harm scene/s, or must show a progression or growth in its characters.
We want to encourage healthy discussions about these issues, so content about recovery, survival or that portray the negative consequences of self-harm are acceptable on Papaya FM.
Any content that advertises products or services unrelated to, or not sanctioned by Papaya FM is not permitted and will be removed.